Wednesday 22 May 2013

{my sweet earth} May Create to Live Challenge (layout 175)

Here is this month's inspiration:

Creat to Live May Challenge

I always love Susan's inspiration because it really pushes me to use different techniques and mixed media products.

As soon as I saw the inspiration, I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use. My son was a premie (born at 29 weeks, aka 11 weeks early) and was in the nicu for 7 weeks. Although he caught up quite quickly in size, it takes him a little longer to reach milestones (like crawling). For the longest time, Kyle would roll around to get where he wanted to go, it was until he was 10 months, 7 days when he started to crawl. I was so excited that I started to cry but then had to pull myself together so I could document it on film (you know you're a scrapbooker when. . .). Here is my take on my little adventurer:

















To create the background, I sponged a couple of layers of silver sparkle paint and then spritzed it with Tattered Angels (indian corn). I added the buttons since my son is obsessed with buttons :)

thank you for looking and hope you play along at http://mysweetearth.blogspot.ca/2013/05/may-create-to-live-challenge.html :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! All my kiddos where preemie too!! I love how you created this! Thank- you for joining in!!

    Susan xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely memory for you Rebecca Daley. I can only imagine your anxiety. Thank you for taking the challenge. creating a lovely layout and joining in with My Sweet Earth.

    ReplyDelete