Friday 13 December 2013

Cherish the Moment - A2Z Scraplets December Challenge

When I saw this month's challenge mood board, not going to lie it kinda scared me. But the more I looked at it, the more the pictures made me happy and I thought about happy things and I thought about the idea that was in my head for my mom's Christmas present. Back in the summer I took a picture of my parents with both of their grandchildren (my son and my brother's daughter). I decided to take that picture, and make it an 8x10 and turn it into a scrapbook on canvas layout.

Before I show you my creation, this is December's inspiration:



Here is what I did:





















To create the background, I tore up a piece of Authentique (sweetness - grace) paper and modge podged them to the corners.

Next I used Ranger Ink Emboss it dabber (clear) over TCW kasbah and then sprinkled Marthat Steward Bronze embossing powder over the emboss it. Then tapped it off and repeated it before using my heat gun.

Next I used my homemade texture paste (1/2 cup baking soda, 2 tbs glue, 2 tsp white paint, little water) over Tim Holtz harlequin stencil and then dried with a heat gun. I also used the texture paste with TCW (confetti x 2) and dried with a heat gun.

I then misted the background with tattered angels (cupid, creme de rouge, sugar maple) and Lindy's starburst (lime). I then dabbed over the entire canvas with a papertowel  and put the heat gun lightly over.

I then matted the photo with American Craft cardstock 12x12 (brights) and adherd it with modge podge.

The title I used A2Z's Cherish this moment and misted it with tattered angels (twinkle yellow, sun sisters, patima and indian corn).

The flowers are from my local scrapbook store.

Thank you for stopping by and hope you can play this month at A2Z: http://a2zscraplets.blogspot.ca/2013/12/december-mood-board-challenge.html

3 comments:

  1. i love seeing how people interpret mood boards cos they are just so different.
    great page...lots of technique on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful LO!
    Love all the details!
    Thank you for joining in on the A2Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh Rebecca so glad that you played along this is stunning and a perfect gift for Christmas you rocked this mood board x

    ReplyDelete