Saturday 25 January 2014

Love this moment - A2Z scraplet January Challenge (layout 9)

This month's challenge at A2Z was to do something new, something that you have never done before. Coinsidently, this was one of my new years resolutions and here I thought I would have most of the year to procrastinate but apparently not.

My new is using gesso. I have seen so many talented crafters using this medium and decided that that would be my something new. But while I was creating, I actually did two new things because not only did I used gesso (which I made myself), I also blended two distress inks to colour my texture paste (which I also made).

Here is my entry:





















To start I spread gesso in multiple directions and then added paper and then more gesso. I then used my brick A2Z chipboard and added home-made texture paste and then blended distress ink (tattered rose & picked raspberry). I then used a droplet to drop tattered angels (cupid) and perfect pearls mist (pink gumball) around the page.

Other supplies:
papers: DCWV (luxe & glitter stacks)
fancy pants design title
k&company (b&w flora and fauna)
7gypsies
making memories (just chillin' girl)
webster's pages (polka dots)
kaisercraft (porcelain rose)
distress stain (picked raspberry)
american crafts twine
studio 112 (vellum family and friends)

Thank you for stopping by, hope you play along at A2Z this month: http://networkedblogs.com/SrZiJ

1 comment:

  1. Missed this one!!! Love your layout, and awesome that you made gesso!!!! Thanks for entering :D

    ReplyDelete