Saturday 13 September 2014

Yum - LCOM #89 (layout 301)

I am in full-on "operation get this album done" the only thing on my craft space (aka kitchen counter) is disney papers and supplies for my parents disneyworld vacation. So naturally when I saw this sketch at 330am (alberta time as my son was sick and was needing a cuddle then to make him feel better) the wheels started turning and i was thinking of ideas of what i could do with this week's Let's Capture our memories sketch #89:

Now when I take pictures i make sure to take both horizontal and vertical. . .unfortunately, because these are pictures from my parents who got a new camera for this trip and didn't think to flip their camera all the photos are horizontal so i had to alter the sketch a bit to fit the photos. I left the journaling blank so my parents could add their own memories.

Every morning my parents would have the same thing for breakfast at the hotel (it was a continental breakfast) with a make your own waffle bar but the waffle machine was in the shape of mickey mouse (you had a choice of four little mickeys or one big mickey depending on which machine you picked). Then you could add your own toppings (usually my parents picked syrup or strawberries). I already did a layout of the larger mickey heads (they usually had those ones) so i put them all together on another layout (see spoon full of sugar: http://kylesscrappymom.blogspot.ca/2014/09/spoon-full-of-sugar-paper-secrets.html). Anyways back to this sketch. . .here is my take:
























supplies used:
paper; simple stories (say cheese: seeing stars)
alpha: thickers (cherish: crimsom)
inks: lindy's stamp gang (glory of the seas gold, midnight rendezvous raven), tattered angels (starfish)
washi tape: queen and company (magic collection: magic motif, icons)
other: ek success (disney friends chipboard), simple stories (say cheese insta squares), queen and company (magic cards), sandylion (mickey stickers)

I am so happy with the way this album is turning out and cannot wait to see my parents face when they open up their gift Christmas morning :) thank you for stopping by and sharing in this disney journey with me. Hope you can play along this month with Let's Capture our memories: http://letscaptureourmemories.blogspot.ca/2014/09/lcom-sketch-89-reveal.html

4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch. The little Mini is so cute. hanks for joining in at Let's Capture Our Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love the misting! Thank you for playing along with us at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! And brings back memories! Thank you for playing along with us at LCOM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy is right! The misting is AWESOME! Thanks for playing along with us over at Let's Capture Our Memories!!

    ReplyDelete