Saturday 28 February 2015

Picture This! DT application (63/365)

My final layout of the day (also the month. . .i hate the short month) is a layout I created for my design team application for Picture This!

As you may (or may not) know Picture This! is a challenge that has been up for the last three months and I have been playing along since it began. One of the things I love about Picture This! is that there challenges are unique in the fact that they give you elements to use in your layout. So a couple of days ago when they announced they were looking to grow their design team I was super excited and knew that I wanted to apply. For the design team challenge one of the things to apply was to create a layout with the following specifications:

1 photo + corners + splatter

I decided to scrap a picture of my cousin, Cailan, on one of her adventures last summer. She is such a free spirit and is a world traveller (and world teacher) and one of the sweetest people I know. I am so glad she is my cousin and that I was able to spend time with her this past summer. I created this layout based on a skechabilities sketch. Here is my take on the DT application challenge:

To create the layout, I splattered tim holtz distress paint (mowed lawn) over the page. when that dried I spread some light modeling paste over tim holtz layering stencil (burlap). I then took tim holtz distress paint (pine needles) and painted a thick strip. Then trimmed jillibean soup (country pumpkin chowder) and layered them with a circle of dcwv (melon twist) and a photo of my cousin. I added photo corners (and i cannot remember where I got these photo corners because i have probably had them for 7+ years but they were just too pretty to donate). I then added prima (free spirit mediation flowers/leaves) and rub-ons (fancy pants: lilac house). To complete the layout I added jillibean soup (spicy social soup pea pod shapes), my mind's eye (tiny word: unforgetable; now & then: mixed bag).

thank you for stopping by taking a look. Picture This! is accepting applications until March 15th for their design team so if you are interested please check their blog for the details: http://picturethischallenges.blogspot.ca/2015/02/design-team-call.html?showComment=1424969677695#c3810306648028994948

And to play along with their challenges and learn more about Picture This! please check out: http://picturethischallenges.blogspot.ca/

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your design team app!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! I am on that DT. !!! Glad I saw this!

    ReplyDelete