Sunday 17 August 2014

Time2Ride - PCC Magazine Monday Week 63 (layout 266)

Hello and thank you for stopping by. One thing I really missed while I was on holidays was participating in Paper Crafters Corner (PCC) weekly Magazine Monday challenges (I think I missed four while vacationing). So I knew that when I got back I needed to get back into creating because their magazine covers are so inspiring and challenging (like this week's).

Here is this week's inspiration:
Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 63 Inspiration Piece (image)

This one was quite challenging for me because of the single person with the tears flowing down her face and the sound blasting from her ear. . . so for a couple of days I was definitely stumped. I am so glad that the deadline for magazine Monday has been extended til sunday because I was up until quite late last night working on it since while looking at it yesterday morning, inspiration finally clicked and I came up with a plan, and I'm so happy with the way it turned out.

I was inspired by the black splattered background, the pops of blue and the patterned hat. This is my take:





















I splattered the background with Tim Holtz Distress Paint (black soot). The papers are Studio Calico atlantic (6x6 paper pad). I misted the title (fab scraps) with Tattered angels (jazz blue) and perfect pearls mist (turquoise blue). The bicycle i inked with Tim Holtz Distress stain (broken china). The arrows are recollections and the tabs are heidi swapp.

Thank you for stopping by and for your wonderful comments, I hope you can play along this week at PCC magazine Monday: http://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/papercrafting-challenge-magazine-mondays-week-63/#comment-146629

1 comment:

  1. I'm too am glad the deadline was extended this week, because your layout is really great! It's nice to have you back Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete